Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Baptism and Filling (Session Four)

We had a great discussion last evening on the meaning of Baptism and Filling, in reference to the work of the Holy Spirit. Today I found a web site that expressing something close to what I believe (check out the link under Some Other Neat Stuff on the right side of the blog).

The link takes you to a page that is part of a larger web site from the Iranian Baptist Church in Texas. I do not know anything about this church and have not checked out their other teachings, so I do not suggest any kind of endorsement. However, I did appreciate their approach to this topic. Check it out. (Don't worry about the sections that are in Arabic; I can't read them either!)

They make the point, as I did last evening, that our experience with the Holy Spirit should not be limited to one or two encounters with him, regardless of how you define those encounters. No doubt some encounters with the Spirit are more dramatic than others, but each one moves us forward spiritually.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment